The Swiss are Developing a Family of Small Satellites to Tidy Up Junk in Orbit
The growing space junk problem in various orbits around the Earth gets plenty of ink these days, particularly when the ISS has to fire its thrusters to dodge a piece of a satellite, or when a defunct satellite smashes into a perfectly good, multimillion dollar piece of orbital communications hardware. Gathering up and disposing or all that fast-moving refuse makes for a difficult problem, but over at EPFL in Switzerland a team of researchers is developing a new kind of micro-sat that could help clean up low Earth orbit, starting by disposing of Switzerland’s own leftover space debris.
this has got to be an onion article. the swiss? making things tidy?
12 Notes/ Hide
- vidhargroedhing reblogged this from futurist-foresight
- khuyi reblogged this from thenextweb and added:
- darylelockhart reblogged this from skeptv
- mpoc likes this
- domomo reblogged this from thenextweb
- naveens4219 reblogged this from thenextweb
- futurist-foresight reblogged this from skeptv
- awakenedvibrations likes this
- futurist-foresight likes this
- skeptv posted this