Couldn’t be more excited and proud.
If you’re single, going on dates is a great way to meet new people—even if you don’t hit it off romantically, you could strike up a friendship. If you want to try something new, but don’t have someone to go with, suggest an outing on HowAboutWe, a dating site that matches people based on common interests and date ideas.
Hiring NYC Community Manager - @HowAboutWe
HowAboutWe is looking for a part-time (15hrs/week) local community manager in NYC. This person will be in charge of our NYC community management and local marketing efforts (including events, local content, contests/giveaways/promotions, social media communication and partnerships).
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You’re incredibly excited to be part of a young, growing startup changing the way online dating works.
- You have to be smart, creative, and collaborative. There are four other local community managers around the country and we share best practices.
- You’re a natural social connector. Any one in the know would (or at least should) tell us you are the one for the job.
- You’re a great verbal and written communicator, comfortable with all forms of social media.
- You have to be comfortable setting your own goals within the context of a broader strategy and working towards them.
- We care less about relevant experience to date and more about where your passions/interests lie and where you want to get to.
- You are both knowledgeable and insatiably curious about NYC and the people that live here.
- You can start immediately.
More details: We’re based in NYC, so you’re welcome to work out of our offices but you don’t have to. Hours are flexible.
To apply: Best way to apply is through an introduction, but if you don’t have one or are unable to get one, email kate [at] howaboutwe [dot] com with your CV and links to your social media profiles.
More about HowAboutWe: HowAboutWe makes it fun and easy for people to go on awesome dates. On the site, people say “How about we…” and fill in the dots with the dates they want to go on, meet people and actually go on the date.
mine would be “how about we… watch “The X Files together…over the phone, because it’s after our curfews.” doh.
Last week, Scott suggested that our date proposal contest for the week should involve the words “pretend we’re in middle school.” I wasn’t sure how it’d go over, but we went with it anyway. (It was less high-concept than his other idea — something about dates that come in like a lion and out like a lamb…)
date how you want to, not how you’re supposed to! break the dating rules by proposing the best date on HowAboutWe in one of three categories:
- cheap ($15 or less)
Natalie Portman attended the premiere of Black Swan…carrying a special copy of Lolita.
Must have been quite the conversation-starter.
How about we … take a page of out Natalie Portman’s book and get together for drinks at Busboys & Poets with a book to swap.
Wednesday January 12 @ 7pm @ Busboys & Poets (14th & V location)
RSVP at dcbookswap.eventbrite.com
(creative credit: christine liu @liuliuliu)